Right side of your Mac screen distorted in Windows 10
Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:51 PM
If the right side of your Mac screen is distorted in Windows 10
You might need to install updated AMD graphics drivers for Windows.
Mac models that have AMD Radeon graphics might experience either of these issues:
- After installing Microsoft Windows 10, the right side of your screen flickers and is distorted when running Windows. On external displays, the distortion might affect the entire screen.
- The Windows 10 installer says that your Mac isn't ready for this version of Windows 10 because it has an old AMD graphics driver.
Update your AMD graphics drivers
To resolve the issue, update your AMD graphics drivers for Windows. If they're already up to date, please use the workaround below until AMD offers a later version of their graphics drivers for your Mac model.
Or reduce the resolution of the affected display
If updated AMD graphics drivers aren't yet available for your Mac model, you can work around the issue on an external display by reducing the resolution of the display or using a lower-resolution display. These steps work on most displays, excluding the Apple Pro Display XDR and LG UltraFine 4K and 5K displays:
- Right-click your desktop, then choose Display Settings.
- Click ”Advanced display settings”.
- From the menu of displays, choose the affected display.
- Click ”Display adapter properties” for the affected display.
- Click the List All Modes button.
- Choose a display resolution no greater than 3840 x 2160.
- To save your changes, click OK, then click OK again.
To identify the graphics processor used by your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then look for any instance of ”Radeon” in the Overview tab or Displays tab.