Apple has released Big Sur 11.6.5 and Catalina SU 2022-003
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 9:35 AM
Apple has just released, the security update to Big Sur 11.6.5, and Catalina Security Update 2022-003
macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 Update is now available for all users!
Today, Apple released the macOS Big Sur 11.6.5. Let’s jump in and find out what’s new!
Big Sur is now in Security Update mode. Apple will no longer be releasing patch notes for Big Sur OS-level bug fixes. Apple still fixes bugs & issues in Big Sur and Catalina updates.
Big Sur 11.6.5 Update Quick Overview
- macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 fixes 18 security vulnerabilities.
- Apple released a full installer of 11.6.5!
- Apple stopped releasing M1 IPSW restore files after version 11.6.
- Safari 15.4 is not yet available as a separate download. Apple usually releases the update a day or two after.
macOS Big Sur Update Summary
- New Features – 0
- Resolved Issues – 0
- Security Fixes – 18
Table of Contents
- 1. Apple Links
- 2. Apple Articles of interest related to the macOS Big Sur Update
- 3. Undocumented macOS Big Sur Update changes & fixes
- 4. Big Sur Release History
- 5. macOS Big Sur 11 Standalone Pkg downloads no longer available.
- 6. macOS Big Sur Full Installer.app
- 7. macOS Big Sur Update sizes for Intel and M1
- 8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
- 9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
- 10. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
- 11. Safari Update
- 12. What’s new for enterprise in macOS Big Sur
- 13. Security Content of the macOS Big Sur Update
- 14. macOS Big Sur Release Notes / Patch Notes / Changes