Apple Releases HomePod 15.4.1 Software With Siri Fix
Thursday, March 31, 2022 7:40 PM
Alongside iOS 15.4.1 and iPadOS 15.4.1, Apple today released a new 15.4.1 update designed for the HomePod and the HomePod mini. The 15.4.1 update comes two weeks after the release of the 15.4 HomePod software.
According to Apple's release notes, the HomePod 15.4.1 software update fixes an issue that could cause some HomeKit accessories to fail to respond when controlled via Siri voice commands.
Software version 15.4.1 addresses an issue where some HomeKit-enabled accessories could fail to respond when controlled via Siri. This update also includes bug fixes for your HomePod.
HomePod software is installed automatically on the HomePod unless the feature is disabled, but the HomePod can also be manually updated in the Home app by following the instructions.
Here's how to get to it:
- Open up the Home app.
- Tap on the home icon in the upper left corner of the display.
- If you have only one home set up, this will take you directly to settings, so skip directly to Step 5. If you have multiple homes, tap "Home Settings" on the sheet that pops up.
- Select your desired home.
- Scroll down to "Software Update."
- Pull down from the top of the iPhone or iPad screen to check for an update.
Once you've selected "Software Update," you'll be able to see the current version of the HomePod software that you have installed, and you can toggle off automatic updates if you want.
If there is an available update, you'll just need to tap the "Install" button to update your HomePod. If you have multiple HomePods in your home, each one will be updated at the same time through this software update feature.