Apple Releases HomePod 15.6 Software With Siri Voice Recognition in Additional Languages
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 3:20 PM
Alongside iOS 15.6, iPadOS 15.6, macOS Monterey 12.5, and tvOS 15.6, Apple today released a new 15.6 update for the HomePod and the HomePod mini. The HomePod 15.6 update is the sixth major HomePod software update since version 15 was released, and it comes around two months after the launch of HomePod software 15.5.
Apple's release notes say HomePod software version 15.6 adds Siri voice recognition support in Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese. The update also includes performance and stability improvements.
Software version 15.6 adds Siri voice recognition support in Mandarin Chinese (China mainland, Taiwan), Cantonese (China mainland, Hong Kong), and Japanese (Japan). This update also includes performance and stability improvements.
HomePod software is installed automatically on the HomePod unless the feature is disabled, but the HomePod can also be manually updated in the Home app
Here's how to get to it:
- Open up the Home app.
- Tap on the home icon in the upper left corner of the display.
- If you have only one home set up, this will take you directly to settings, so skip directly to Step 5. If you have multiple homes, tap "Home Settings" on the sheet that pops up.
- Select your desired home.
- Scroll down to "Software Update."
- Pull down from the top of the iPhone or iPad screen to check for an update.
Once you've selected "Software Update," you'll be able to see the current version of the HomePod software that you have installed, and you can toggle off automatic updates if you want.
If there is an available update, you'll just need to tap the "Install" button to update your HomePod. If you have multiple HomePods in your home, each one will be updated at the same time through this software update feature.